Corinne Olympios on Bachelor in Paradise: “This Is My Worst Nightmare” – Vanity Fair
It’s only been a few days since news broke that production on Bachelor in Paradise Season 4 had been suspended following an incident of alleged misconduct, and now, Corinne Olympios has released a statement detailing her side of the increasingly messy story that unfolded on set in Mexico.
As an anonymous source told The Los Angeles Times’ Amy Kaufman, Olympios and fellow Bachelor in Paradise contestant DeMario Jackson were reportedly both heavily intoxicated when they made their way to the pool on set and engaged in “very raunchy” behavior. A source close to Jackson told TMZ that “everything was fine” between the two the next day, but a source close to Olympios told the tabloid that she was in a blackout state of drunkenness at the time of the incident.
Now Olympios is making herself unambiguously clear: “I am a victim and have spent the last week trying to make sense of what happened on June 4,” she said in a statement to People on Wednesday afternoon. “Although I have little memory of that night, something bad obviously took place, which I understand is why production on the show has now been suspended and a producer on the show has filed a complaint against the production.”
“As a woman, this is my worst nightmare and it has now become my reality,” the statement continues. “As I pursue the details and facts surrounding that night and the immediate days after, I have retained a group of professionals to ensure that what happened on June 4 comes to light and I can continue my life, including hiring an attorney to obtain justice and seeking therapy to begin dealing with the physical and emotional trauma stemming from that evening.”
For his part, Jackson told ET, “I have nothing to say. Corinne is an awesome girl, and that’s all I have to say.”
Production was suspended, reportedly indefinitely, on the reality program, as Warner Bros. issued a statement of its own on Monday saying the studio had become aware of allegations on the set—a producer reportedly filed a third-party complaint—and would conduct an internal investigation. “Once the investigation is complete, we will take appropriate responsive action,” the statement said. Meanwhile, longtime Bachelor-verse host Chris Harrison released a statement on Tuesday urging fans of the franchise to be patient as the studio investigates.
“There are a lot of competing details in the various press accounts of the incident,” Harrison wrote. “And there’s a lot of misinformation out there too. We urge everyone to be patient until the investigation is complete. I know in this day and age we want—and even expect—immediate answers, but in this case, it’s just not possible. So again, I urge you to please be patient and respect the privacy of the parties involved.”
Vanity Fair has reached out to Warner Bros. for comment, and will update this post accordingly.
This post has been updated.